Investor (STO:INVEA) (STO:INVEB) (LSE:INU)
Highlights during the fourth quarter
· Net asset value amounted to SEK 174.7 bn. (SEK 230 per share) on
December 31, 2012, an increase by SEK 11.3 bn., (SEK 15 per share)
during the quarter. If Gambro is valued at the transaction value with
Baxter, the net asset value would amount to SEK 178.7 bn. (SEK 235 per
· Investor and EQT signed an agreement to divest Gambro to Baxter. The
positive impact on Investor’s net asset value is estimated at SEK 4.0
bn. and total proceeds at SEK 10.5 bn. As the transaction is expected to
be finalized, subject to regulatory approval, late in the second quarter
2013, it has not affected the 2012 figures.
· As previously communicated, SEK 500 m. was injected in equity
financing to Aleris. 3 Scandinavia distributed SEK 200 m. to the owners,
of which SEK 80 m. to Investor.
· Net cash flow from EQT and Investor Growth Capital totaled SEK 0.3 bn.
· The Board of Directors proposes a dividend to the shareholders of SEK
7.00 per share (6.00).
· Net asset value amounted to SEK 174,698 m. (SEK 230 per share) on
December 31, 2012, compared to SEK 156,070 m. (SEK 205 per share) at
year-end 2011, corresponding to a change, with dividend added back, of
15 percent (-6). With Gambro valued at the transaction value with
Baxter, net asset value increased by 17 percent. The Stockholm Stock
Exchange’s Total Return Index (SIXRX) was 16 percent during 2012 (-14).
Over the past 20 years, annual net asset value growth, with dividend
added back, has been 14 percent.
· Consolidated net profit for the year, which includes unrealized change
in value, was SEK 24,175 m. (SEK 31.85 per share), compared to SEK
-9,288 m. (SEK -12.14 per share) for 2011.
· Core Investments contributed SEK 22,979 m. to net asset value 2012
(-17,892), of which the listed SEK 23,312 m. (-17,889).
· Financial Investments contributed SEK 591 m. to net asset value 2012
· Leverage (net debt/total assets) was 11.5 percent as of December 31,
· The total return on the Investor share was 38 percent for 2012 (-8),
of which 18 percent during the fourth quarter (5). The total annual
return on the Investor share averaged 7 percent over the past 5-year
period, 17 percent over the past 10-year period and 14 percent over the
past 20-year period.
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor is the leading owner of Nordic-based international companies,
founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago. We own significant
minority or majority interests in high quality companies. Through our
participation on the boards of directors, we work for continuous
improvement of the performance of the companies. With our industrial
experience, network and financial strength we strive to make our
companies best-in-class. Our cash flow allows us to support strategic
initiatives in our companies, capture investment opportunities and
provide our shareholders with a dividend. Our Core Investments include
listed holdings Atlas Copco, ABB, SEB, Ericsson and the operating
subsidiary Mölnlycke Health Care.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com