DUBLIN, Aug. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "3D Cell Culture Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology, By End Use, By Application (Tissue Engineering, Drug Development, Stem Cell Research, Cancer), By Culture Component, And Segment Forecasts 2018 - 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global 3D cell culture market size is expected to reach USD 1.69 billion by 2024, exhibiting a 14.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
Need to incorporate 3D cell culture systems in research for better representation of in vivo environment has driven development of new materials and methods, thereby propelling market growth.
3D cell culture is more suitable for in vivo modeling due to the resemblance they provide to morphology of organ or cells. Several 3D cell culture options are available in the form of scaffold-based, scaffold-free, and 3D bioreactor systems. Emergence of 3D optimized assays, kits, and protocols, along with maturity in development of different assay techniques, is projected to accelerate market growth.
Increasing adoption of tissue engineering and organ transplantation for chronic diseases is projected to drive adoption in research over the forecast period. Furthermore, use of microchips to implement culturing through use of micro-fabricated tissue component is expected to present the market with potential avenues.
Fabrication techniques to produce scaffold-free systems that are inexpensive, transparent, and compatible with liquid handling tools have emerged. Rapid adoption of these systems for tissue engineering research, drug discovery, and personalized medicine contributes to market growth. Scaffold-free technology is expected to observe the fastest growth over the next few years, registering an estimated CAGR of around 15.7% from 2016 to 2024.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Emergence of novel fabrication techniques contributes to the growth of scaffold-free 3D cell culture systems
- Rapid adoption of culturing systems in cancer research for development of immortalized established cell lines or primary cell cultures to perform in vivo drug screening has led to its largest revenue share
- 3D bioprinting enables creation of 3D printed building blocks of embryonic stem cells, which could be further used for micro-organ generation and tissue regeneration experiments
- Changing of regulatory policies for stem cell research and high potential of 3D culturing tools fuels the stem cell research segment
- North America dominated the global 3D cell culture market with a share of over 41.0% in 2016. Presence of major pharma and biotech players that collaborate with research laboratories to implement these technologies drives progress in U.S.
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period owing to rapid developments across major economies, especially in the tissue engineering and stem cell research domain. APAC is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 16% during the forecast period
- Major players focus on collaborating with laboratories to commercialize technologies that are not potentially established in the market space.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information procurement
1.2 Data Analysis
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Snapshot
Chapter 4 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
4.1 Market segmentation & scope
4.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
126.96.36.199 Rising demand for organ transplantation & tissue engineering
188.8.131.52 Technological advancements in scaffold free technology
184.108.40.206 Rising investment and R&D funding for cell based research
4.1.2 Market Restraint Analysis
220.127.116.11 High cost associated with implementation
18.104.22.168 Lack of compatibility and consistency
4.2 Penetration & growth prospect mapping for technology, 2015
4.3 3D cell culture - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
4.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 5 Market Categorization 1: Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 3D cell culture market: Technology movement analysis
5.2 Scaffold based
5.2.1 Global scaffold based 3D cell culture market, 2013 - 2024 (USD Million)
5.2.3 Polymeric scaffolds
5.2.4 Micropatterned microplates
5.3 Scaffold free
5.3.2 Hanging drop microplates
5.3.3 Spheroid microplates with ULA coating
5.3.4 Microfluidic 3D cell culture
5.3.5 Magnetic levitations & 3D bioprinting
Chapter 6 Market Categorization 2: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 3D cell culture market: Application movement analysis
6.3 Tissue engineering & Immunohistochemistry
6.4 Drug development
6.5 Stem cell research
Chapter 7 Market Categorization 3: End Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 3D cell culture market: End use movement analysis
7.2 Biotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations
7.3 Research laboratories and institutes
7.4 Hospitals and diagnostic centers
Chapter 8 Market Categorization 4: Culture Component Estimates & Trend Analysis
8.1 3D cell culture market: Culture component movement analysis
8.3 Reagents and Consumables
Chapter 9 Market Categorization 5: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product, Application, & End-use
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Nano 3D Biosciences
- Promocell GmbH
- Corning Inc.
- 3D Biomatrix
- VWR International, LLC
- Tecan Trading AG
- 3D Biotek LLC
- Global Cell Solutions, Inc.
- InSphero AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z4nqlh/3d_cell_culture?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/3d-cell-culture-market-size-share--trends-analysis-report-by-technology-by-end-use-by-application-culture-component-and-segment-forecasts-2018---2024-300695442.html
SOURCE Research and Markets