CHICAGO, Feb. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The nation's largest and best-attended auto show opened its doors to the public on Saturday, Feb. 9 and will run through Monday, Feb. 18, Presidents Day, at McCormick Place. This year marks the 111th edition of the nation's longest-running auto show.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8489151-2019-chicago-auto-show-cas19/
"The Chicago Auto Show has something to offer everyone, whether you're interested in purchasing a new vehicle, checking out the hottest concept cars, experiencing interactive displays, or just taking the family out for a fun day, there's so much to see and do at the 2019 show," said Chicago Auto Show Chairman Ray Scarpelli.
The 2019 Chicago Auto Show promises visitors access to nearly 1,000 of the newest and most exciting vehicles, including the nearly 20 vehicles that made their debut during the show's 2019 Media Preview, including:
- 2020 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Italia
- 2019 Cadillac XT5 Sport
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD
- 2019 Chrysler Pacifica 35th Anniversary Edition
- 2019 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson by Tuscany
- 2020 GMC Sierra HD
- 2020 Kia Sportage
- 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition
- 2019 Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek
- 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport
- 2019 Ram 1500 Multifunction Tailgate
- 2019 Ram 2500 HD Mopar
- 2019 Ram Chassis Cab
- 2020 Subaru Legacy
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Off-Road
- 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
- 2020 Toyota Tacoma
- 2019 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
In addition to the hottest debuts, latest production, concept and exotic vehicles, the show is packed with opportunities for the public to get behind the wheel. Attendees can ride along in four indoor test track experiences including Camp Jeep, Land Rover Above and Beyond Tour track, Kia Torque Track and the Ram Truck Territory. Visitors can also take a test drive in six outdoor ride-and-drive opportunities including Ford, Mazda, Subaru, Volkswagen, Volvo and the Clean Air Initiative featuring green vehicles.
In keeping with its tradition of hosting events that capture the attention of an array of consumers, the Chicago Auto Show will host the following events during its 10-day run:
- Sports Team Pride Day: Monday, Feb. 11. All-new this year, attendees are encouraged to wear their favorite Illinois team jersey on Sports Team Pride Day. They'll receive $6 off of their adult admission.
- Women's Day: Tuesday, Feb. 12. In partnership with the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Woman Magazine, the show will offer an engaging series of events including panel discussions, workshops and networking opportunities geared towards females. Women are offered a discounted ticket at $7.
- A Safe Haven Food Drive: Wednesday, Feb. 13 – Friday, Feb. 15. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for a $7 adult admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.
- Hispanic Heritage Day: Friday, Feb. 15. The Chicago Auto Show partners with Telemundo and other Hispanic media outlets to program various activities throughout the day. Now in its 12th year, Hispanic Heritage Day honors and celebrates Latino history and culture with a full-day lineup of special events and programs throughout the show.
- Chicago Friday Night Flights: Friday, Feb. 15. Produced in partnership by the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild and Choose Chicago, the new craft beer event will feature 16 local breweries and offer a tasting pass for sample pours across the show floor. Tickets can be purchased in advance for $30 which includes Chicago Auto Show access and the beer tasting experience.
- Family Day: Monday, Feb. 18. The Chicago Auto Show will host family-friendly events on Presidents Day to wrap up the last day of the show.
The show is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily from Feb. 9-18, with the exception of Monday, Feb. 18, when the doors close at 8 p.m.
For more information on the 2019 Chicago Auto Show, please visit www.ChicagoAutoShow.com. For high resolution photos and b-roll, visit www.ChicagoAutoShow.com/media/online-newsroom-gallery.
2019 Chicago Auto Show Links:
Vehicles on Display
Daily Events and Appearances
Show Floor Map
Directions and Parking
About the Chicago Auto Show
The Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America, spanning more than 1 million square feet of production, concept and exotic vehicle exhibit space. In addition to hosting multiple world and North American vehicle debuts, the Chicago Auto Show's First Look for Charity raises more than $2.5 million annually for 18 vital Chicago organizations in a single night. The 2019 public show is Feb. 9-18. For more information, visit www.ChicagoAutoShow.com or www.Facebook.com/ChicagoAutoShow.
About the Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Founded in 1904, the Chicago Automobile Trade Association is one of the nation's largest metropolitan dealer organizations. It is comprised of more than 420 franchised new-car dealers and an additional 150 allied members. The group's dealer members employ about 19,000 people in the metropolitan area. The association has produced the world-famous Chicago Auto Show since 1935. For more information please visit www.CATA.info.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chicago-auto-show-highlights-new-vehicles-and-technologies-and-interactive-fun-300793295.html
SOURCE Chicago Auto Show