SAN FRANCISCO, June 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global digital twin market size is expected to reach USD 26.07 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to register a strong CAGR of 38.2% over the forecast years. Digital twin is a dynamic digital replica of a product, process, system, or facility, which can be used for various purposes including creating a sustainable environment and ensuring a better digital experience for customers. Such digital replicas can imitate real-world situations and help in optimizing systems and processes, examining products, and monitoring the performance and condition of machines, among others.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Growing adoption of the digital twin technology in various industries, such as automotive and transport and agriculture, is the major growth-driving factor for the global market
- Digital twin incorporates Artificial Intelligence (AI), big data, Machine Learning (ML), and IoT, among others
- This helps the end-use industries in accessing the technology more easily and implementing it cost-effectively, thereby supporting market growth
- The manufacturing segment accounted for more than 20.0% of the global market share in 2017 and is expected to witness a strong CAGR over the forecast period
- North America and Europe together accounted for more than 50% of the market share in 2017 on account of high adoption of industrial IoT and presence of developed infrastructure in these regions
- Prominent companies in the digital twin market include ABB Group; Hexagon Geosystems AG; PTC, Inc.; Dassault Systèmes; AVEVA Group plc; SAP SE; Schneider Electric SE; and Siemens AG. Most of these companies are investing in R&D to maintain their position in the global market
Read 80 page research report with TOC on "Digital Twin Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use (Automotive & Transport, Retail & Consumer Goods, Agriculture), By Region (Europe, North America, Asia Pacific), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/digital-twin-market
The digital twin technology is gaining traction owing to its potential to bridge the gap between the physical world and virtual world. The global market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period in line with the growing adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) and big data analytics. Other factors responsible for this growth include rising need for cost-efficient operations, optimizing the processes, and reducing the Time to Market (TTM). At the same time, the way digital twins are created would continue to evolve in line with the innovations in the field of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), thereby boosting the growth of the market.
Healthcare and life sciences, aerospace and defense, automotive and transport, manufacturing, and energy and utilities are some of the key end-use industries for the digital twin technology. Incumbents of these industries are particularly adopting the technology to enhance efficiency, augment productivity, ensure cost-efficient operations, and streamline the processes. For instance, hospitals can create a digital twin of their systems as part of the efforts to gauge the impact of any prospective changes to their systems and ensure a safer environment. Similarly, a surgeon can create a digital twin of the heart and study it before performing a surgery. The technology is also helping companies in adopting lean manufacturing.
Grand View Research has segmented the global digital twin market on the basis of end use and region:
- Digital Twin End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Automotive & Transport
- Energy & Utilities
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Residential & Commercial
- Retail & Consumer Goods
- Digital Twin Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Anti-counterfeit Market – Increasing demand for genuine packaging and coupled with technological advances is presumed to positively impact the anti-counterfeit market over the next seven years.
- Virtual Security Appliance Market – Increased threat to the security systems and increased cloud adaptation are expected to drive the overall virtual security appliance (VSA) market growth over the forecast period.
- Smart Water Meters Market – The global smart water meters market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to growing demand for energy conservation, and increasing government initiatives towards sustainable development.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter