DUBLIN, Feb. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Dry Eye Syndrome Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global dry eye syndrome market was worth US$ 3.5 Billion in 2018
There are several factors that can cause dry eye syndrome such as excessive computer use, allergies, aging, menopause, smoking, LASIK eye surgery, hormone replacement therapy, etc.
Various diseases, such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, etc., are also contributing to the prevalence of dry eyes among people. As per statistics, around 425-430 Million individuals across the globe get affected by diabetes. It causes constant changes in the composition of patient's blood which adversely affects the tear glands resulting in a rising prevalence of dry eye.
Another key factor which is contributing to the growth of the market is the rising geriatric population. As per estimates, around 9% of the global population is above 65 years of age, and by 2050 this segment is expected to account for around 17% of the global population. With the prevalence of dry eyes being fairly high among the elderly, we expect the market for dry eye syndrome to exhibit a strong growth. Other factors augmenting the growth of this market include increasing awareness levels, rising diagnostic rates, better treatment options, etc.
Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.1 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.5% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the disease type, the market has been segmented into evaporative dry eye syndrome and aqueous dry eye syndrome.
- Based on the drug type, the market has been segmented into lubricant eye drops, anti-inflammatory drugs and autologous serum eye drops.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into liquid drops, gel, liquid wipes, eye ointment and others.
- Based on the distribution channels, the market has been segmented into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies and online pharmacies.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global dry eye syndrome market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the global dry eye syndrome market on the basis of region?
- What is the breakup of the global dry eye syndrome market on the basis of disease type?
- What is the breakup of the global dry eye syndrome market on the basis of drug type?
- What is the breakup of the global dry eye syndrome market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the global dry eye syndrome market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global dry eye syndrome market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global dry eye syndrome market?
- What is the structure of the global dry eye syndrome market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global dry eye syndrome market?
- Novartis AG
- Allergan plc.
- Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Nicox S.A.
- Auven Therapeutics
- Akorn Inc.
- Bausch + Lomb
- Alimera Science
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fvjbms/global_dry_eye?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-dry-eye-syndrome-market-report-2019-2024-analysis--forecasts-by-lubricant-eye-drops-anti-inflammatory-drugs-and-autologous-serum-eye-drops-300803173.html
SOURCE Research and Markets