DUBLIN, May 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Pediatric Imaging Technology Innovation and Growth Opportunities" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This study highlights market growth drivers and restraints and technology innovation in pediatric imaging devices.
The research service outlines important pediatric imaging innovation and developments. The technology scope covers pediatric X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and computed tomography (CT).
Imaging is an important element in the clinical evaluation of pediatric patients, and it helps in better diagnosis and treatment of different medical conditions. However, pediatric patients are more radiosensitive than adults, and excessive radiation exposure puts them at risk of developing cancer.
In addition, the imaging device settings used for adults cannot be used for pediatric patients. While several imaging devices focus on pediatric patients, the publisher identifies and analyzes the developments in the space that address current unmet needs such as radiation-free imaging; radiation adjustment based on the size of the pediatric patient; the need for patient transportation to the radiology department; and the need for disturbance (low noise)-free imaging devices.
The study also analyzes the competitive landscape; the key partnerships and collaborations; funding activities; and the patent landscape. It identifies important growth opportunities for market participants that they can leverage to gain business advantages.
The geographic scope is global; however, more weightage is given to the US market due to the significant activities observed in the area.
Key Questions This Study Answers:
- What are the clinical needs in the pediatric imaging space? What are the market growth drivers and restraints?
- What are the key innovations in X-ray, CT, and MRI technology? What does the application landscape look like in each of these imaging technologies?
- What does the competitive landscape look like?
- Which pediatric imaging devices received FDA approvals in 2020-2021?
- What important partnerships and collaborations and funding activities have taken place in the recent past? What important pediatric imaging patents have been filed/published over the past 2 years?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow? The Strategic Imperative: Factors Creating Pressure on Growth
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Pediatric Imaging Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
2. Growth Environment
- Scope of Analysis
- Research Methodology
- Pediatric Imaging Involves the Use of Low-radiation Doses to Examine Normalities and Abnormalities in Children
- Pediatric Imaging - Technology Segmentation
- Pediatric Imaging - Key Applications
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
- The Use of Imaging Devices Primarily Designed for the Adult Population and the Transportation of Pediatric Patients to Radiology Departments are Major Challenges
- Technology Innovation Should Focus on Radiation Exposure Reduction, Improved Diagnosis Accuracy, and Enhanced Pediatric Patient Experiences
3. Technology Segmentation - Pediatric X-ray Imaging
- Pediatric X-ray Imaging: Fast and Comfortable Imaging Technology that Uses Small Doses of Ionizing Radiation to Generate Images of the Body
- Mobile X-ray Systems and the Integration of AI Technology are Important Innovations in Pediatric X-ray Imaging
- Important Design Innovation and the Integration of AI in Pediatric X-ray Imaging
- X-ray is the First Imaging Technology Used to Detect Complications or Disorders in Pediatric Patients
- US FDA Guidance Encourages Manufacturers to Consider Pediatric Patients' Safety While Designing X-ray Imaging Devices
- US FDA Guidance Recommends the Enhancement of 510(k) Submissions for X-ray Systems by Mentioning the Details of Pediatric Patient Applications as Different Segments
4. Technology Segmentation - Pediatric Computed Tomography (CT) Imaging
- Pediatric CT Imaging: Fast, Noninvasive, and Comfortable Imaging that Uses a Series of X-rays to Create High-quality Images of the Patient's Body
- Innovative Pediatric CT Imaging Technologies Focus on the Reduction of Radiation and the Improvement of Image Quality
- Key Innovation in Dose Reduction in Pediatric CT Imaging
- Pediatric CT Imaging is Used to Obtain an In-depth Diagnosis of a Wide Range of Conditions Due to Injury or Illness
- Healthcare Providers, CT Technologists & Device Manufacturers, and Medical & Government Organizations Should Take Equal Responsibility to Minimize CT Radiation in the Pediatric Patients
- Long-term Measures will Encourage the Use of Selective Strategies and Boost Awareness in terms of Minimizing CT Radiation in Pediatric Imaging Procedures
- European Guidelines Strongly Recommend the Use of DRLs For Pediatric Imaging Based on Patient Age, Size, or Weight
5. Technology Segmentation - Pediatric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Pediatric MRI Technology: Uses Magnetic Fields and Radio Waves to Produce High-quality Images of the Inside of a Patient's Body
- Innovation Focuses on the Development of Mobile Systems and the Enhancement of the Pediatric Patient Experience during Procedures
- Key Innovation in Device Design in Pediatric MRI
- Pediatric MRI is Used to Detect Abnormalities Related to the Brain, Spinal Cord, Chest, Lungs, Pelvic Region, and Skeleton
- MRI Techniques Hold the Potential to Enhance Image Quality, Reduce Imaging Time, and Minimize Sedation Requirements
- Fast MRI Techniques Such as Parallel Imaging and SMS Imaging Significantly Reduce Acquisition Time
6. Industry Assessment and Analysis
- Pediatric Imaging is a Fragmented Market that Comprises Large Companies and Emerging Start-ups
- Pediatric Imaging Competitive Landscape - Explanation
- Companies Use Partnerships and Collaborations, Mergers and Acquisitions for Expansion, and Technology Development to Maintain a Competitive Edge
- Recent Regulatory Approvals for Pediatric Imaging Devices
- Partnerships and Collaborations will Increase the Availability of Imaging Devices and Improve Patient Experiences During Procedures
- Technology Partnerships for AI Usage are Increasing, and They will Enhance the Interpretation of Images by Radiologists and Technicians
- Key Funding Activity
- Compact MRI Systems Increase Patient Comfort and Reduce Disturbances due to Noise and Patient Movement
- Functional Neuroimaging Packages will Enable Noninvasive Neural Activity Recording
- Portable and Compact Mobile X-ray Systems will Deliver High Performance
7. Patent Landscape
- The Development of Imaging Device Components and the Integration of AI/ML are the Focus of Innovation
- Key Patents
8. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Compact and Portable MRI Devices for the Bedside Imaging of Multiple Organs
- Growth Opportunity 2: Teleradiology Solutions and Global Pediatric Imaging Networks for Remote Consultation and Knowledge Sharing
- Growth Opportunity 3: AI-enabled Imaging Devices for Faster Image Interpretation to Reduce Pediatric Imaging Procedure Time
9. Next Steps
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1qqms1
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-pediatric-imaging-technology-report-2022-portable-mobile-imaging-devices-technologies-that-lower-dose-exposure-and-the-use-of-ai-and-gamification-to-revolutionize-the-market-301556016.html
SOURCE Research and Markets