NEW YORK, June 26, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Conference Forum has announced that the 9th annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery conference will take place on October 7-8, 2019 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel in Boston, MA. PODD is an annual Boston gathering for people developing life saving therapeutics and those developing patient-friendly drug delivery technologies.
PODD 2019 kicks off with Dr Robert Langer, David H. Koch Institute Professor, MIT, who delivers a keynote fireside chat on building a company around a transformative drug delivery invention. Dr Langer is joined by Dr Sangeeta Bhatia, John J. and Dorothy Wilson Professor of Engineering, Director, Laboratory for Multiscale Regenerative Technologies and Dr Jeffrey Karp, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Director of the Laboratory for Accelerated Medical Innovation, Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Also on day one, Merck's Dr Allen Templeton, VP, Pharmaceutical Sciences, gives an industry keynote, in which he discusses the evolution of Merck's strategy of utilizing DDS and the role that drug delivery technologies play in the company's R&D pipeline.
Day two begins with a gene therapy keynote by Katherine High, President and Head of R&D at Spark Therapeutics. Delivering a Zeitgeist presentation also on day two is Dr Anand Subramony, VP of Delivery Technologies at AstraZeneca. Dr Subramony's talk covers the immune targeting approach to nanomedicine.
"With an aging population and an increase in chronic conditions, drug delivery is going through a period of great change and tremendous growth," says Valerie Bowling, Executive Director, PODD. "Designing an appropriate delivery system is perhaps the most complex part of developing a new therapeutic, which makes PODD such an important industry event."
In addition to these keynote presenters, PODD includes the following distinguished line-up of featured industry speakers:
- Advait Badkar, PhD, Senior Director, Novel Delivery Technologies, BioTherapeutics, Pfizer
- Beate Bittner, PhD, Senior Portfolio Strategy Director, F. Hoffman-LaRoche
- Ulrich Brüggemann, Head Academics and Innovation, Global Medical Devices Development, Sanofi US
- Marian Gindy, PhD, Executive Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Merck
- Christopher Kovalchick, PhD, Chief Engineer, Drug Delivery & Devices R&D Innovation, Eli Lilly and Company
- Patrick Lim Soo, PhD, Senior Principal Scientist, Novel Delivery Technologies, Pfizer
- Dhairya Mehta, Director, Connected and Software Medical Devices, Takeda
- Mathias Romacker, Senior Director, Device Strategy, Pfizer
- Johannes Schmidt, PhD, Global Head, Product Optimization, F. Hoffman-LaRoche
- Srini Sridharan, PhD, Head, Materials Science & Engineering, Bristol-Myers Squibb
PODD features a wide range of innovative drug delivery technologies that could potentially improve the delivery of various types of drugs, including biologics, proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, and small molecules. While covering the latest advances in drug delivery science, the event also provides a meeting place to network and form new partnerships.
To learn more about the event, please visit PODD 2019.
About the Conference Forum
The Conference Forum is a life science industry research firm that develops conferences primarily around how to get therapeutics to patients faster. They examine and challenge the complex ecosystem of drug development and delivery, bringing ideas together from a variety of sources to help advance clinical research.
SOURCE The Conference Forum