WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to local nonprofits and community causes, according to data compiled by SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors. This trend is predicted to remain strong, with 81% of small businesses planning to continue giving in 2019.
How do small businesses support their communities?
- Give to local charities: 66%
- Support youth organizations: 48%
- Donate to local first responders: 42%
- Support local religious organizations: 39%
- Aid local service groups (Rotary Club, Scouts, etc.): 37%
- Donate food or volunteer in soup kitchens: 32%
How much do small businesses give?
75% of small business owners donate an average of 6% of their profits to charitable organizations each year.
Doing good is good for business:
- 85% of consumers have a more positive image of companies that give to charities.
- 90% of consumers want to know how companies are supporting charitable causes.
Company-sponsored volunteering engages employees by:
- Producing employee satisfaction with their employer (93%)
- Improving employee leadership and broadening professional skill sets (92%)
- Helping employee well-being (77%)
- Boosting morale (70%)
- Strengthening camaraderie with work colleagues (64%)
Download this infographic for more information on the positive effects of small business charitable contributions in local communities across the nation.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 11 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000 volunteer business experts provide 750,000+ free small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in 300 chapters nationwide. In 2017, SCORE volunteers helped to create 54,506 small businesses and 61,534 non-owner jobs.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, or on volunteering with SCORE, visit SCORE at www.score.org. Follow @SCOREMentors on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest small business news and updates.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/small-business-charitable-giving-produces-big-impact-on-communities-nationwide-300780876.html