LOS ANGELES, April 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Carinsurancesavings.biz has launched a new blog post that presents several types of car insurance policies.
For more info and free quotes, please visit http://www.carinsurancesavings.biz/5-types-auto-insurance-policies-purchase
To legally drive on the roads of the US, drivers need a minimum form of car insurance. However, the minimum required insurance will not protect the insured drivers in all situations that may occur. For this reason, drivers are advised to purchase extra insurance policies.
The most common car insurance policies are the following:
- Liability coverage. In many states, liability insurance is the minimum required insurance that any driver should purchase. In the case of an at-fault accident, liability insurance will cover the costs to repair the damaged property and the medical bills of the injured persons. However, this policy will not reimburse the costs to repair the damaged vehicle of the at-fault driver or to pay for his medical bills.
- Collision insurance. Collision coverage will pay for the repairs of the driver's vehicle if there is a covered accident. It will also pay the costs to replace a vehicle that was declared totaled after an accident. Drivers should acknowledge that if their cars are totaled, they will be reimbursed with the actual cash value of their vehicles just before the crash happened. To find out about the actual cash value of a vehicle, policyholders can check websites from TrueCar or KelleyBlueBook.
- Comprehensive insurance. This policy will pay the insured drivers that got their cars stolen or damaged in events that were not collisions. Usually, cars can get damaged in fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, riots, and so on.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP). PIP insurance will help a driver and his passengers to pay the medical bills, regardless of who was at fault in the car accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage will pay the policyholder's and his passengers' medical bills and car repairs if he was hit by a driver that didn't carry any form of insurance. Underinsured car insurance will pay the policyholder's medical bills if he was hit by a driver that carried some insurance, but it wasn't enough to cover all the medical bills. In some states, these two insurances come bundled together.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit http://www.carinsurancesavings.biz/
Carinsurancesavings.biz is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.