The Government of Canada awards more than $117,000 in financial assistance to this innovative Alma business
Oct. 11, 2018, ALMA, QC /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
Trimoz Technologies will receive a repayable contribution of $117,450 from CED. With this financial assistance, the innovative SME will be able to facilitate the health sector's transition to digital appointment scheduling. Its marketing efforts will allow it to introduce its web and mobile platforms to health facilities, independent pharmacists, health professionals and Quebec health system users. This contribution will also help it commercialize its system on the Ontario market.
This funding was announced today by Richard Hébert, Member of Parliament for Lac-Saint-Jean and Parliamentary Secretary to the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED.
The funding, provided through CED's Quebec Economic Development Program, will serve mainly to fund the marketing of the new software, which will involve designing and adapting promotional tools, carrying out marketing activities, participating in events, and hiring staff specializing in advisory and market development services. The project will create three jobs.
The Government of Canada is committed to supporting innovative Canadian businesses. A driving force of the economy, innovation is the key to success because it generates growth that benefits both businesses and communities. That is why we make sure businesses can rely on adequate resources to create and market innovative products.
"Trimoz Technologies' innovative solutions are major assets to Quebec's health services. I am delighted with the financial support provided by CED, which has chosen to leverage the innovation capacity and expertise of Lac-Saint-Jean's small businesses. The contribution announced today will help Trimoz Technologies prosper and expand its market, while contributing to the region's economic vitality."
Richard Hébert, Member of Parliament for Lac-Saint-Jean and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion
"With its Innovation and Skills Plan, the Government of Canada has introduced an ambitious approach to supporting innovative Canadian businesses that are coming up with new ways of creating value, and which are looking to capture new markets. This represents a firm commitment to the prosperity of the community."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
"The system we've created here at Trimoz will help us improve the lives of Canadians by providing an intelligent appointment scheduling system. Thanks to CED's support, our business will be able to strengthen its position as a leader in the development of digital health tools for front-line services."
Stéphane Lajoie, Founding President, Trimoz Technologies
- Trimoz's innovative technological solution involves introducing an interoperable version of its platform to optimize the management of a multiservice continuum (e.g. pharmacist/nurse/nutritionist for seniors).
- Trimoz will incorporate a form of intelligence into the appointment scheduling options and research availabilities to enable management of self-care by patients.
- Trimoz Technologies is not unknown in the field. Its solutions are used in most of Quebec's integrated health and social services centres and in more than 200 pharmacies.
- Clicsanté.ca and Pharmaservices.ca already allow users to schedule appointments quickly and are demonstrating a real effort to modernize Canada's health system.
- CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- The year 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of federal regional economic development in Quebec: half a century of concrete action targeting the growth of Quebec's regions and businesses.
- To find out more about CED and its priorities, see the 2018–2019 Departmental Plan or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
Follow CED on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
Follow Trimoz Technologies on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions