SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Trusted IoT Alliance (TIoTA), an ecosystem of more than 50 companies working together to build open source trusted systems for IoT with blockchain and related technologies, today launched a Smart Construction Challenge, the 2nd in its Trusted IoT Challenge series. The Smart eMobility Challenge was launched in October 2018.
TIoTA is joined by Challenge Supporters MachNation, a global independent IoT research and benchmarking firm, and the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), the world's leading organization transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
In the Smart Construction Challenge, design and implementation organizations will compete globally on challenges with real-world customer requirements. The Challenge looks at the complete property lifecycle, from the initial planning to the operation by a Facility Management Company (FMC). Contestants will provide solutions that address one of the three use cases: Construction Assurance, Track and Trace for Onsite Logistics, and Smart Worker Equipment.
"Our intent is to make it easier for our members to bring blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies to market in the IoT space," said Zaki Manian, Executive Director of TIoTA. "This Challenge was conceived to advance real-world validation of Smart Construction applications and solutions in the Industrial Internet. The intent is to drive the creation of an ecosystem that will jointly bring the new solutions to market."
Three prizes will be awarded, with a total monetary reward of €75.000. This money is to be used by the winners to fund the pilot projects (i.e. €25.000 per winner/use case). The winners will be admitted into the Open Bosch partner program for startups and presented with Proof-of-Concept opportunities. The award ceremony will take place at Bosch Connected World in Berlin on May 15th, 2019.
Smart Construction Challenge Partners
The initial ecosystem for this challenge includes the following Construction Industry Partners:
- Züblin, a construction company that will provide use cases and requirement definitions, as well as access to a real-world construction project/construction site for the pilots.
- Bosch, whose internal construction unit will support user feedback and will potentially deliver a construction site for the pilot projects.
- TÜV SÜD, a Technical Inspection Association which provides inspection and product certification services, will be supporting the Challenge through its Real Estate and Infrastructure division, which supports customers with planning, construction, operations and acquisition, as well as sales of properties.
- Liebherr: Liebherr is a large equipment manufacturer that will provide requirements from the equipment manufacturer perspective, as well as test equipment for field trials.
Technology Partners include:
- Autodesk, a leading supplier of IT solutions for Building Information Model (BIM) management.
- HERE, the global leading location-based services platform, which includes (indoor) map, positioning and tracking technologies to bring the location and (dynamic) location context.
- Ottobock, an enabling technology sponsor, providing the Smart Worker Exoskeleton.
- Qtum, a platform designed to simplify the use of smart contracts for inter-business and institutional operations.
About Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium, now incorporating OpenFog, is the world's leading membership program transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The IIC delivers a trustworthy IIoT in which the world's systems and devices are securely connected and controlled to deliver transformational outcomes. The Industrial Internet Consortium is a program of the Object Management Group (OMG). For more information, visit www.iiconsortium.org.
MachNation is the only firm exclusively dedicated to testing and researching Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, middleware, and services. MachNation owns and runs MachNation IoT Test Environment (MIT-E), the industry's only independent, hands-on, benchmarking lab for IoT platforms. MachNation specializes in understanding and predicting IoT technologies including their impact on digitization, hardware, communication services, applications and support tools. MachNation participates in many of the world's most exclusive IoT events and contributes regularly to leading IoT and business press. For more information, please visit https://www.machnation.com.
TIoTA is a result of the collaboration amongst passionate technologists working to leverage blockchain infrastructure to secure and scale IoT ecosystems. TIoTA seeks to enable trust in the data produced by such IoT systems in a distributed ledger/blockchain agnostic fashion, thereby enabling a decentralized trust model for interoperable digitized identities of physical goods, documents, immobilized assets, sensors, and machines. Visit trusted-iot.org and #trustediotchallenges to find out more.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trusted-iot-alliance-presents-global-smart-construction-challenge-300798859.html
SOURCE Trusted IoT Alliance